Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ethan and Estella stay the night and EMS awards dinner BBQ for Seth!

This is my view of Zoey looking over my shoulder in the truck. She goes back and forth looking at Seth and I. I recline my seat so that I can see her better.
In this picture Zoey is wide awake due to a power nap she decided to have right before we were finally ready to go to bed. It was late. We were tired. Zoey was not.
Ethan and Estella came over to our house for two days. It was a lot of fun to have them stay with us. We have missed them so much. They are here from Texas for the summer. Ethan is 8 now and Estella is 6.
When they arrived we had a snack............. chocolate smore pop tarts. From then on when I asked what they wanted to eat, guess what they wanted.........lol.
I don't think so............
Between the two of them, they sure kept Zoey laughing!
After a long day playing outside, going to the park and taking baths, here they are in the guest room drawing and coloring. I wasn't aloud in the room until the were done with their pictures. Estella hid hers for the pictures.

Ethan didn't cover his picture as long as I didn't step on the straight rows of colored pencils and crayons.
Nap time for Zoey.
I let them choose what they wanted for dinner............................well, their second choice anyways.
Mac and Cheese.........................
For a tiny little girl, Estella can really put down the food :)
Here is Zoey waiting patiently for her dinner. (ummmmm, sweet potatoes)
I think they enjoyed it..............lol
Still waiting..............
After dinner and a movie, it was bed time. Zoey played with them for a little while before they fell asleep.
This is a funny picture of the girls. Ethan didn't make his funny face.
Zoey kept on trying to grab their little ears.

Meanwhile, Seth got home from an ambulance call. I think he was planning on eating the cookies before he fell asleep. As you can see, the kids turned the living room into a blanket jungle gym.
The next morning we ate some breakfast while Seth and Zoey played some tunes for us.

Time to get out of the house and have some fun.
It was a hot day. We went to one park, but everything was burning up and way too hot to play on. Plus no shade for any of us.
We went and saw Seth at work and brought him some lunch.
Then we went to Hogi Yogi and had some sandwiches and chips.

Here we are.......
Estella chowing down on some chips. Dang she looks like Kelli (when she was little) in this picture.
Ethan chowing down on his chips as well.
Ethan sure had her laughing a lot :)
I totally saw that coming.......
We drove a couple places and then found the perfect place with shade and a pond. I wanted shade and they wanted a pond.
Estella, Zoey, and me!
When we got to the pond there was a small stream that led to the pond. It had a ton of fish in it. Kids were already trying to catch the fish when we got there. When they saw that Ethan had a net they were very excited to show him how to catch a fish.
After playing with a couple other kids for a while we stopped for a snack and some pictures. Then Ethan proceeded to trying to catch a fish. His bait was gold fish.

Estella has bunny ears in almost all the pictures. . . . . lol
Thats what brothers are for...........right.
Zoey just hung out in the stroller with her snacks.
Rice Crackers...............yum



She insisted on sharing with me :)
I pretended for the picture :) I'm not a huge fan of slobbery soggy crackers.
Estella didn't get in the water much. Ethan on the other hand was in up to his butt.
Still fishing.....
Zoey drinking her apple juice.



It is a very pretty location......
They had a lot of fun. Next time they want to wear their swim suits and swim in it..........
With the fish and everything. Ewwwww........
Actually it is pretty clear and clean water.
I wanted a picture of them both in the tree but that is as close and Estella wanted to be. Too many bugs or something.
Ethans hard work finally paid off. He caught himself a fish. Estella freaked out and ran behind the stroller. You got to watch out for those flying fish. They will get ya :)
We put the fish on the grass really quickly for a picture and then tossed him back in the water.
Satisfied, we moved on to feeding the ducks, geese and even a pelican.

This is at the big pond where all the birds are.



I love this picture....................Perfect with his camo shirt and hands in his pockets.
This one too......
You can see the pelican in the back. He wouldn't come any closer than that.

We had a great time with Ethan and Estella. Can't wait for them to come over again!
The next day we had a BBQ awards dinner for Springville EMS. Seth is now the Vice President of Springville EMS.
It was at a very pretty park in a very pretty canyon. Good food too!
This is at the end when more than half of everyone had already gone home.
Congratulations Seth. We love you!






2 comments:

Heidi said...

Another great entry! I am so jealous that you guys got to have Ethan and Estella to stay. We haven't even gotten to see them in so long! That looked like so much fun! I wish we could have joined you all!

Congratulations Seth! That sounds like really great news. We don't really know what that means to be Vice President of EMS, but it must be really good if they are having an awards banquet for it all!

On a side note... I had the same infant car mirror for Darcy.

Again...really cute pics!

Heidi said...

You are so funny! I know what EMS means you dork! I just meant I didn't know what being VP of EMS entailed. What does that mean for his career, yada, yada! Oh, bless your heart!:)